I am Just an Average Kid!


My eyes are blurred, and I can see random people running towards me. My body touched the muddy ground with a warm liquid all around me. I experienced a sharp pain and then it all went blank.

I opened my eyes hoping to be in hell or heaven, but shit I am in a hospital and still alive.

Tried looking around but my head didn't move. I tried moving my eyeballs to check if anyone is around. I saw my mom and dad sitting in a corner of the room. Tears rolled down my eyes, but I couldn't talk.

A doctor came in and told them, “This is the best  we can do, she lost her voice and due to severe damage of spinal cord and she is permanently paralyzed.”

I wanted to scream and say, “This cannot be true! Please kill me”, but no one can hear me.

I closed my eyes and wished if only I could undo all my mistakes from childhood which lead me to this situation.

I was 6 years old when my mom told me stories about successful doctors, IAS officers and many legends.

"One day you will achieve the same heights. You are smart and capable, and we are here to provide you all the opportunities."

We watched interviews of successful women together.

"I never had an opportunity, but we will provide you with everything even if we cannot afford so that you can succeed."

I dreamed of being Guest of Honour in such interviews and even thought of what my speech would be when I make it.

I worked hard to live up to their expectations , but in vain. I had extra tuitions for subjects I didn't score well and finally did make it to distinction by my board exams.

Every time I see my marks sheet, I know it is not true knowledge which scored me those marks but my effort behind. Every time I scored less, I pushed myself to score better but in vain.

I wanted to scream and tell my parents that I am not worth their sacrifices. I am just an average kid!

But the moment I reach them: "Hey, there she is our bright child! People will know us by her name when she succeeds." I go back into my shell to push myself further trying to be outstanding but in vain.

That was the day I saw my mock test results. I realized no matter how much I push myself, I cannot reach those expectations and I cannot be exceptional. I didn’t know how to tell them that I am not good enough to make them proud, I am not EXCEPTIONAL. I am just an average kid!

I saw the ground from 5th floor of my college, the next thing I know is waking up in hospital with a paralyzed life.


PS: Dedicated to all my friends and acquaintances I lost due to Exam Pressure


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory lane..

A Smile from a stranger.. Human Connectivity